Start a new topic
Answered

Build process issue I. Need to restart the phone every time I connect the glasses.

Hi there!

Wanted to see if you could help us with something that is slowing down our development process.

Every time we disconnect the glasses from the phone, we need to restart the phone in order to get the glasses working again. If we don't restart, and try to open any app, we get a black screen on the phone and headset.

The weird part is that sometimes, only sometimes if we force close the snapdragon spaces app, and open it again, the app glasses might work. There isn't seem to be a pattern to know when it work and when it doesn't.

Let us know if you need anything else to help debug this!

Best, 

Juan (ustwo team)

Best Answer
Hey Juan, Currently unplugging the glasses when OpenXR (glasses rendering) is active will cause issues in graceful OpenXR shutdown. We hope to have this resolved in the next release, but the safest way to avoid having to restart is to swipe away (or force stop, for non-fusion apps) any running Spaces apps before disconnecting the glasses. (Note that I’d you don’t have hand tracking enabled in your app, you may also be able to safely disconnect while that app is running, but it may freeze up the app for a few seconds.)
1 Comment

Answer
Hey Juan, Currently unplugging the glasses when OpenXR (glasses rendering) is active will cause issues in graceful OpenXR shutdown. We hope to have this resolved in the next release, but the safest way to avoid having to restart is to swipe away (or force stop, for non-fusion apps) any running Spaces apps before disconnecting the glasses. (Note that I’d you don’t have hand tracking enabled in your app, you may also be able to safely disconnect while that app is running, but it may freeze up the app for a few seconds.)
Login or Signup to post a comment