Start a new topic
Answered

Image tracking quality

Hey All, 

Using the provided SnapdragonSpaces_Unity_Samples_0_11_1  and “Space Town” image print-out with verified measurements,  I can't seem to get the virtual prefab properly aligned with the physical image, unfortunately.  The offset is about 2-3 cm in both horizontal and vertical directions so visually the images don’t match at all. Also, the virtual image seems to be excessively wobbly when the headset or the physical image moves. I wonder what should we expect here? Can we expect the quality to be comparable to ARKit/ARCore image tracking? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot the experience? 

Thanks 

Eugene

Best Answer

Hi Eugene, 

What you are seeing is within the expected tracking quality for 0.11.1. We plan on addressing improved tracking quality in an upcoming release. 

In the meantime you can try activating Extended Range Mode to improve tracking quality under XR Plug-in Management > OpenXR > ImageTracking 

-Simon

Hi Simon Thanks for your note, I’ll try the new version! Eugene

Hi again Eugine,

There's an update: We released Spaces 0.12.1 available to download from the dev portal Download | Snapdragon Spaces (qualcomm.com). It contains significant improvements for image tracking on A3.

Thanks Simon, will try that!

Answer

Hi Eugene, 

What you are seeing is within the expected tracking quality for 0.11.1. We plan on addressing improved tracking quality in an upcoming release. 

In the meantime you can try activating Extended Range Mode to improve tracking quality under XR Plug-in Management > OpenXR > ImageTracking 

-Simon

Login or Signup to post a comment