Start a new topic
Answered

FATAL EXCEPTION No virtual method getDeviceProductInfo

If the Thinkreality A3 is plugged into the phone I get the following error when I try to run the Unity sample or sample app in the SDK folder

2022-06-06 12:48:31.729 10856-10856/? E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: com.Qualcomm.SnapdragonSpacesSamples:launcher, PID: 10856
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method getDeviceProductInfo()Landroid/hardware/display/DeviceProductInfo; in class Landroid/view/Display; or its super classes (declaration of 'android.view.Display' appears in /system/framework/framework.jar!classes3.dex)
        at com.qualcomm.snapdragon.spaces.unitycustomlauncher.SpacesLauncher.startMainActivity(SpacesLauncher.java:100)
        at com.qualcomm.snapdragon.spaces.unitycustomlauncher.SpacesLauncher.onCreate(SpacesLauncher.java:45)
        at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:8114)
        at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:8098)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1309)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3480)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3682)
        at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:85)
        at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:135)
        at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:95)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2131)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:250)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7806)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:592)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:958)

I noticed on this doc that I need 

Glasses Firmware: D1028A3 

Companion: 1.3.1.12A3 

Home: 1.3.262A3 

However on my device I have 

Phone Image: 

Glasses Firmware: A3_user_s915001_2201281457_sdm710_postcs5

Companion: 1.2.0.44

Home: 1.2.0.236

Best Answer

Hi Matt, I think we'd resolved that you need the Motorola Edge+ for this yesterday already, correct? Registering that device on the portal and then plugging in the A3 glasses (after the device has all of its system software updates) should initiate downloads of A3 firmware to your glasses. So hang tight if you're still waiting for your device to arrive.

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Matt, I think we'd resolved that you need the Motorola Edge+ for this yesterday already, correct? Registering that device on the portal and then plugging in the A3 glasses (after the device has all of its system software updates) should initiate downloads of A3 firmware to your glasses. So hang tight if you're still waiting for your device to arrive.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment