Start a new topic

3 Questions about interactions (from korea)

Dear Qualcomm Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

Questions:

Question A:

I have built an APK file using Unity with the Snapdragon SDK installed. I received a ThinkReality Lenovo VR device and a laptop from the competition organizers. I connected the device to the laptop using the provided cable. How can I install the APK file into the device’s Apps section? Currently, I have selected the option "Use USB for file transfer" instead of "Use USB for charging."

Question B:

I am developing a VR service for interaction with a dog. Can I use the 'hand tracking' feature of Snapdragon Spaces to select from pinch, grab, and point functions? Specifically, can I apply different hand tracking types to various dog animations, which exceed 3-4 types, for each action?

Question C:

Currently, I set up build settings in Unity for Android mobile. Is it possible to apply the Snapdragon SDK for PC instead of just Android (mobile)? If so, is there a guide available for this process?

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. I look forward to your response.

1 Comment

Please see my responses below:

Question A:

Some developers were successfull in using SideQuest for installing apks on the device as well. 

Question B:
We currently have two Hand Tracking features, one that is deprecated and QCHT which is a separate package. Please make sure to use QCHT on your project. Here's the QCHT documentation:  Overview | Snapdragon Spaces™ Unity and Unreal SDKs (qualcomm.com) 
 QCHT has input actions for grab and pinch. The point gesture was deprecated.
Could you elaborate more on "Specifically, can I apply different hand tracking types to various dog animations "? I'm not quite sure about your ask here. 
It is possible to get event callbacks that trigger animations for each pinch or grab gesture. Here's some sample code on that: https://support.spaces.qualcomm.com/a/solutions/articles/72000612730 
Generally QCHT integrates with Unity's XR Interaction Toolkit. If you want to get interaction callbacks for specific objects please take a look at Unity's documentation here:  XR Interaction Toolkit | XR Interaction Toolkit | 2.5.4 (unity3d.com) 
Specifically take a look at the QCHT samples for Proximal Interaction Proximal Interaction | Snapdragon Spaces™ Unity and Unreal SDKs (qualcomm.com) and how the interactable cubes are set up there. 

Question C:
Unfortunately there is no possibility at the moment to run the Snapdragon Spaces SDK on PC. You will need to create an apk every time and test on your Android device.

Hope that could help!
Login to post a comment