Start a new topic

Battery life

The battery life of the phone with the glasses plugged in is about 2 hours. This severely restricts any practical use of the glasses and slows development down.

I've been using an induction capable powerbank to extend the battery with moderate success, however the 15W induction cannot fully sustain the phone with the glasses, and most of the extra capacity is wasted. The phone can't drain it fast enough.

The fact that the Moto has a single USB port complicates things a lot. It's more than capable of taking enough wattage to sustain everything through that port, but the port is busy delivering power instead. Relieving the phone from having to power the glasses would be a huge breakthrough, the phone itself can probably live off induction alone after that.

My questions are:

- How many watts do the glasses require?

- How many watts does the phone itself use under heavy load?

- Can software disable features such as SLAM to save power? Some apps can do well enough with just gyro data.

- Has anyone had success with USB hubs or splitters to somehow deliver power from an external brick or powerbank? Any specific devices?

- Is there anything special about the provided cable? Is it just a fairly modern USB-C or does it have extra pins?

1 Comment

Can software disable features such as SLAM to save power? Some apps can do well enough with just gyro data.

Has anyone had success with USB hubs or splitters to somehow deliver power from an external brick or powerbank? Any specific devices?

• You should be able to power the device and use it simultaneously using a y split cable or adapter. Make sure that the Y split cable or adapter support sharing video with a sufficiently high data transfer rater as well as charging. (Full HD image data transfer required)

Is there anything special about the provided cable? Is it just a fairly modern USB-C or does it have extra pins?

• To my knowledge it's a rather normal USB C cable that's certified to transmit video as well as charging. Some lower quality USB cables may cause issues with the device because of lower data transfer rates. You should be good if you are using a USB cable that's manufactured for connecting to external displays. If your cable is broken I would recommend requesting one from Lenovo though. 

How many watts do the glasses require? How many watts does the phone itself use under heavy load?

• Please contact Lenovo support on those two questions. 
Login to post a comment