Start a new topic
Answered

Spaces AR SDK for Unity 0.23.0 Waiting???

I was previously using version 0.12.0 of AR glass and am planning to update to version 0.23.0.

Even if you only activate Base Runtime, a Waiting... pop-up appears and the app does not proceed.

Is there a solution?image

Best Answer

Yes.  Probably you should contact Digilens Support to get more info.

This message from your screen: "Waiting... Please connect XR device" is visible on Motorola smartphone, when waiting for connection with Lenovo A3 Glasses.

So probably needed some adjustment for the Argo device to work with SnapdragonSpaces SDK >= 0.21, because Snapdragon Spaces SDK doesn't support Argo devices.

Hi Yoon. yoon
Please tell me, which device do you use?

using Digilens Argo

To use the latest Snapdragon Spaces, we had to send the device back to Digilens support. Have you had this step?

you mean is that the device needs to get a new tune or setting from digilens?

Answer

Yes.  Probably you should contact Digilens Support to get more info.

This message from your screen: "Waiting... Please connect XR device" is visible on Motorola smartphone, when waiting for connection with Lenovo A3 Glasses.

So probably needed some adjustment for the Argo device to work with SnapdragonSpaces SDK >= 0.21, because Snapdragon Spaces SDK doesn't support Argo devices.

1 person likes this

Thank you for the good answer.

:)

I would like to take this opportunity to ask: have you noticed when using the glasses that they get quite hot and consume a lot of battery? In our case, this mainly happens during a video call with webRtc. I'm curious if you have similar experiences.

I have more questions.

So does Snapdragon Space plan to update the SDK to essentially be a mobile-AR glasses combination?

Are AR glasses no longer able to operate independently?

I want to know about the update direction of SDK.

Hi,

Thanks Tomasz for helping out here! 

So does Snapdragon Space plan to update the SDK to essentially be a mobile-AR glasses combination?

• The publicly available Snadpragon Spaces DevKit with Think Reality A3 is a mobile + AR glasses combination. We started out with this combination there's no update needed for that.  

Are AR glasses no longer able to operate independently?

• Stand alone AR glasses are supported in theory but there is no official dev kit available at this point. While Digilens Argo is a stand alone device running Snapdragon Spaces, it is not an officially supported dev kit. Our stand alone devices focus on VR/MR - like Think Reality VRX, at the moment. 

1 person likes this

@yoon.yoon
This was a question for you:
Have you noticed when using the glasses that they get quite hot and consume a lot of battery? In our case, this mainly happens during a video call with webRtc. I'm curious if you have similar experiences.

Thanks Tomasz, Simon

That was very helpful.

To. Tomasz

you are right

I think that with Snapdragon Space AR + Unity AR the temperature gets too high and performance degrades accordingly.

This phenomenon occurs fairly quickly.

• I would like to take this opportunity to ask: have you noticed when using the glasses that they get quite hot and consume a lot of battery? In our case, this mainly happens during a video call with webRtc. I'm curious if you have similar experiences.

Thanks Yoon. yoon
Do you use any demanding features in your app? Like video stream, advanced models, segmentation, etc.?

Login to post a comment