Start a new topic

Spaces Anchor Store data

Hi,

is it possible to save and load data from SpacesAnchorStore to our BE?

What we need, please see this example, and tell, if there is a feature in SnapdragonSpaces SDk for this:

-when the application starts, it recognizes there is a certain object, or user is in a certain place

-according to this recognition - Spatial Anchors are placed in preconfigured positions

Thanks in advance for the answer

1 Comment

Hi Tomasz,

In theory it should be possible to upload the persistent anchors to your backend. There are some limitations that I'm still checking on with the responsible engineering team.

• Anchors are device specific. An Anchor created with A3 that's shared with may not work on VRX because Anchors are created with device specific parameters.
  • I'm also checking if the anchor data is stored in a location that is accessible for developers

We do have a cloud anchor feature on our public roadmap https://portal.productboard.com/bdx5dufjd6ka3jnwpbqldqmu/c/58-cloud-anchors?&utm_medium=social&utm_source=starter_share but no release date that I can share at the moment. Please contact your partner manager regarding more detailed roadmap information. 

Login or Signup to post a comment