Start a new topic
Answered

Routing Audio to Phone Speaker

Are there any built-in methods or recommendations for handling audio routing? I'm using render fusion in my Unity project and I would like to play the audio through the phone speaker. Currently all audio is playing through the glasses. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi,

Unity is always using the default OS audio output device and there is no management of output devices. 

Plugins like FMOD offer selection of the audio output device which might be able to help. This could help if you decide to use FMOD Switching audio output device (esp. for VR) - Unity - FMOD Forums - see the comment by cameron-fmod from January 20 about switching audio output devices. 

1 Comment

Answer

Hi,

Unity is always using the default OS audio output device and there is no management of output devices. 

Plugins like FMOD offer selection of the audio output device which might be able to help. This could help if you decide to use FMOD Switching audio output device (esp. for VR) - Unity - FMOD Forums - see the comment by cameron-fmod from January 20 about switching audio output devices. 

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment