Start a new topic

Frequent but inconsistent crashes, error ipc_compositor_layer_commit?

Hello, I'm working on a simple project with URP. I've been experiencing frequent crashes and can't seem to pinpoint a simple source of what is causing them. My log is flooded with " Error ipc_compositor_layer_commit  release sync_handle: (handle ID)". I'm not sure if this error is harmless, and there is a different underlying error?

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance. I can't consistently test any of my scenes. The crash tends to occur within 5-30 seconds.

I'm using URP and Unity 2021.3.23f1. I got the same crashes on 2021.3.16f1.

txt

If possible, can you share the APK to test, what device are you using?
Is your HDR enabled in UPR settings. 

Updating to Spaces v0.13.0 and deactivating "Multithreaded Rendering" in the Player Options fixed our crashes

Hello, My HDR is disabled in URP.

I've attached an APK here. Please let me know if there is any other info I can provide, it's very difficult to continue development with crashes this frequent.

Hello, I tried to reply to this a little while ago, but I'm not sure if it went through.

No, the project isn't using HDR currently. I'm using a ThinkReality A3 with a Motorola Edge Plus 2022.

I've got an APK available here. I haven't been able to find a solution yet.

Hi,

Love your game, amazing puzzle, please update to latest SDK and lets schedule a call to look deeper into your project you can send me a meeting request to afedorch@qti.quaclomm.com.
Here is the link to latest SDK,  Snapdragon Spaces XR Developer Platform | Snapdragon Spaces (qualcomm.com) 

Best Regards,

Andriy

Login or Signup to post a comment