Start a new topic

New? If you can't get your software working, here's a tip

Just got my hardware today! Took me a bit to figure out how to actually run the sample app I had built in Unity: if whenever you put on the glasses you get the Lenovo menu, that will keep you from running your Snapdragon Spaces app. So what you need to do is unplug the glasses and run "Companion", "Continue as Guest", press the "hamburger" in the upper-left corner and choose Settings. Scroll down and choose "Enable Developer Mode". That stops the phone from auto-launching the Lenovo software when the glasses are plugged in (you can still manually run Companion if you want).

Once you've done that, you can plug in the glasses, run SpacesServices if you need it, then run your software. Another tip: SpacesServices is included in the SDK Download (I got the Unity SDK, came with version 0.5). You can side-load it using ADB Install.

1 Comment

Hi Josh,

we continually work on getting our "Getting Started" bits on the Spaces website - it's very directed and detailed because we've worked with Lenovo to create a special path to make sure the correct, latest firmware and services are loaded onto the phone and glasses. When you scan the QR code this links you to the customized Snapdragon Spaces software/firmware path. From this point on you phone is registered as being part of the Snapdragon Spaces development path and we can then check out what's happening to your device and make sure it's updated with the latest software and is working correctly.

It can be a bit of effort to get the hardware updated and running smoothly but once you are there it should be smooth sailing from that point on. Thanks for taking to time to go over your experience and offering solutions to assist other developers. This is all a new experience for all of us and working together assists us all in getting or projects working and being successful.

JUt a remider to everyone else - the Spaces team is pretty good at resolving issues pretty quickly - if you run into any issues feel free to contact us and we'll work with you to resolve any issues.

Login or Signup to post a comment