Start a new topic

Issue with Lenovo VRX App and Qualcomm Service Update

I want to inquire about an issue we're facing with  the Lenovo VRX device. We've been trying to enable hand tracking, but it's not working. To check this, we updated the Qualcomm service to version 15. However, after this update, the Lenovo VRX UI(Home) disappears and doesn't display properly. When we restart the Device, it briefly appears for about 2 seconds and then turns into a black screen. We also attempted to remove the service using ADB commands, but that didn't resolve the issue. Do you have any suggestions or solutions to help us resolve this problem?

Hi

For VRX the Spaces Services come delivered with the device firmware and can not be modified unless you have been given a special build from Lenovo.

The current VRX firmware version 673 has Spaces Services 0.14.1 installed. 

By trying to remove the Spaces Services you likely disabled some Spaces functionality required to run VRX Home. I'd recommend to factory reset the device via adb.  

1 person likes this

On VRX Hand Tracking can not be active simultaneously with the controllers. Try removing the batteries from your controllers (on the latest firmware just not moving/using the controllers is enough) and check if hand tracking is working now. Try using the Hand Tracking sample from our pre built Snapdragon Spaces Sample that comes together with the SDK package. 

1 person likes this
Thanks for update. We will check and get back to you ASAP

We've diligently attempted to resolve the hand-tracking issue by updating the device, but unfortunately, no software update is available. We've also searched for firmware downloads or related documentation, but no such options appear to be available. Despite our best efforts, the hand-tracking problem remains unresolved.

Additionally, we conducted tests using the hand-tracking sample provided in the Snapdragon SDK, but it also did not work. The issue persists even in VRX home. Furthermore, our attempts to create a custom SDK app have not led to any improvements.

For your reference, we've attached a screenshot of the device, including software details.

We kindly request your guidance and assistance in addressing this persistent hand-tracking problem. Any insights or support you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

1 person likes this

No software update is available

The app gives Hand Tracking Not available ERROR

The app gives There is No hand tracking available ERROR

We checked Thinkreality VRX document but there is no software update button available.

There is no update option available. 

1 person likes this

When we lunch snapdragon space hand traking sample demo. It gives a Hand tracking not found error. 

1 person likes this

Hi and Thanks for reporting where did you get the Spaces Hand Tracking Sample Demo from SDK 15 if so you should try the new SDK that just came out SDK 17. Also do you know if your device got registered with Lenovo Hub or you did not register your device with any one yet?

1 person likes this

Thanks for the replay.  We get the Spaces Hand Tracking Sample Demo from SDK 15. We can try SDK 17 and let you know the status.

Thank you for your prompt response and suggestions.

We did obtain the Spaces Hand Tracking Sample Demo from SDK 15 initially and encountered issues with it. Subsequently, we also tried SDK 17, but unfortunately, the hand-tracking functionality remained non-functional.

Regarding the registration of our device with Lenovo Hub, we don't have that information readily available. The device configuration was already in place when we received it, and we haven't made any changes to it ourselves. We are in the process of reaching out to our Lenovo partners to gather more information on this matter.

If you have any further insights or recommendations on resolving the hand-tracking issue, we would greatly appreciate your assistance.

We can connect over a call to go over the hand-tracking issue. I will ask you to generate some logs for me so we can do a deeper investigation. Also, I want to see if I can get a later build on VRX. Here is my email. Feel free to look at my schedule if you have teams, or you can give me your email, and I can schedule something.

Afedorch@qti.qualcomm.com

1 person likes this

Hi Afedorch,

Thank you for looking into this hand-tracking issue. I've attached the log files for your review. If further discussion or clarification is required, please feel free to reach out to me at anilsolanki@phibonacci.ai.

My availability for a meeting is within Indian IST, from 9 AM to 7 PM. Please schedule a meeting at your convenience if needed.

Looking forward to your feedback.

txt
(23.6 KB)

I have sent an email with the log file attached.

Login or Signup to post a comment