Are there Composition Layers for Unreal?
- The Composition Layers in unreal are called Stereo Layers.
Is it possible to render world space layers instead of screen spaces (head locked) layers?
- For Unity there is a Use Transform option on the Spaces Composition Layer component.
- For Unreal set the Stereo Layer Type to World Locked.
- Note that this option uses a lot of performance.
Are other layer shapes supported but the quad layers?
- There is no support for curved layers, Snapdragon Spaces only supports quad layers.
Do the layers need to render on top of everything?
- The layers render on top of everything. They can be sorted using the Sorting Order (Unity) or Priority (Unreal) property. Layers with a lower sorting order are rendered first and higher sorting order layers on top of them.
Are there any more samples other than the gaze pointer?
- There are no other public samples but the gaze pointer in the Snapdragon Spaces samples available.
Is there a limit on the number of layers?
- There is a limit of 16 layers.
Is there a minimum Snapdragon Spaces SDK requirement?
- Composition Layes need at least Snapdragon Spaces SDK 0.15.0 Plugin or later. The Snapdragon Spaces Services need to be at least 0.14.1 or later.
Do composition layers work on VRX?
- VRX Firmware 673 introduces Snapdragon Spaces Services 0.14.1 to the device which enables running Composition Layers on it. Make sure your device uses this or later firmware.