Start a new topic
Answered

UE mac support?

Curently, the plugin doesn't support OSX. Since there's no inherent reason (i.e the underlying OpenXR plugin does support mac), are you looking at UE/OSX support for the plugin?

Best Answer

Turns out that Epic needs to add in OpenXR support in the MacOS editor - we are in discussions with them to see what it would take to get it supported.

Currently we support only UE 4.27.2, if you attempt to use a different version you'll get the message to recompile the plugin for the version you are trying to use.  If you continue to see this notice please provide the specific engine you're trying to use.

hi Ron - this is indeed 4.27.2, the problem is inherent to running this on OSX rather than Windows. You should be able to repro easily by trying to run the plugin on OSX.

(re. versions, I posted another question about UE5 compatibility but I don't know if it was approved yet - the process is quite lengthy, it seems)

Answer

Turns out that Epic needs to add in OpenXR support in the MacOS editor - we are in discussions with them to see what it would take to get it supported.

Login or Signup to post a comment