When opening a Snapdragon Spaces application on Lenovo Think Reality VRX the controllers freeze instantly or after a couple of seconds. The controllers' buttons for input still work. The freeze continues into other apps such as the launcher VRX Home. Only a restart of the device can enable movement input again.
To track the VRX controllers, exposure is lowered on the VRX cameras to be able to track the infra-red points on the controller. This is needed to switch between hand tracking and controller tracking. The bug doesn't reduce the exposure, resulting in the controller position being frozen.
Affected versions of Snapdragon Spaces Services
To check the version of Spaces Services:
- Connect the VRX to a PC via cable.
- Open a terminal and execute the command adb shell dumpsys package com.qualcomm.qti.spaces.services | findstr versionName (findstr might need to be replaced with grep on some pcs).
- If the result is "versionName=0.14.1-b3" or not starting with 0.15.x the device's Snapdragon Spaces Services are not up to date and the bug is affecting your device.
The bug will be addressed in release 0.15.0 of Snapdragon Spaces. If the affected VRX is on debug firmware, Snapdragon Spaces Services 0.15.0 can be side loaded on the device using adb.
To check the firmware of your VRX:
- Open a terminal and execute the command adb shell getprop ro.build.description.
- If the result contains only "user" not "userdebug" your device is on user firmware and the Snapdragon Spaces Services can't be installed manually.
- Otherwise install the latest Snapdragon Spaces Services that come as a part of the packages distributed at Download | Snapdragon Spaces (qualcomm.com) with adb install SnapdragonSpacesServices_0_15_0.apk.
Otherwise, please wait for the update coming from Lenovo for user firmware or contact Snapdragon Spaces support to check if flashing debug firmware is an option.
Please check the options on How to contact Snapdragon Spaces support.